How To Optimize For Near Me Searches
Popular companies serve customers from different parts of the world, but this isn’t the case with small businesses. Small businesses operate on a regional level, and they have to make strategies accordingly. Business owners should know how to optimize for near me searches, as it will help them do better in terms of search engine rankings and sales.
Working on local SEO has become more important than ever, as everyone is doing it. If you don’t work on it, your competitors will always stay one step ahead of you. If you haven’t started yet, it’s the right time to do it.
In this article, we will discuss some effective ways that you can follow to rank for ‘near me’ searches. We are going to discuss every step in detail, so make sure to read this article carefully.
How To Optimize For Near Me Searches
Create/Update Google My Business Listing
Creating a Google My Business profile and optimizing it should be your top priority. People often type keywords like ‘coffee shops near me’ and ‘restaurants near me’ in the search bar. If your business shows up in the local search results, it will gain more visibility. You should know that the GMB listing also appears on the maps, and you should follow these steps to optimize your business listing:
- Provide accurate information (complete business name, business address, and other required details).
- Add contact details like phone number and email address, and make sure the information is up-to-date.
- Add your operating hours.
- Ask people to leave reviews on your page after you serve them. Most people read reviews left by other customers before choosing a service provider, and positive reviews on your page can help you in the long run.
- Add appealing photos (don’t add photos downloaded from Google).
- Add important details like parking facilities, WiFi facilities, and availability of security guards.
You should keep the above-mentioned points in mind while filling up your profile. But you should keep all the details accurate and as specific as possible. If you brag a lot about your business and don’t offer the same level of quality in real, people will leave bad reviews on your page, which is something you wouldn’t want.
Make Your Website Mobile-Friendly
In most cases, ‘near me’ searches are performed on smartphones. People often look for restaurants, coffee shops, and hotels when they are out of their houses, and they are likely to use their smartphones in such a case. If your website is mobile-friendly, people will have a pleasant experience on it, and it will be easier for them to find what they are looking for.
Google also pushes the sites that offer a good user experience, and it should be your biggest motivation to make your site mobile-friendly. Such sites also do well in terms of overall SEO, which means you will get multiple benefits by performing well in this field. Here are some tips that you can follow to make your site mobile-friendly:
- Website load time should be your top priority
- The interface should be user-friendly, and everything should be divided into categories
- Add a search bar to your site to help people find information quickly
- Add an auto-correct feature for the search bar
- The buttons should be large in size
- You should avoid using Flash
- You should use large fonts
Focus On Local Keywords
Every person who has a website should know the importance of keywords. When we talk about local searches, local keywords play a major role. So, the keywords that you use should be relevant to your local customers. To make things easier, you can filter keyword searches based on location. You can also mention landmarks, as people often use search terms like ‘hotels near Eiffel tower’.
Don’t Forget To Optimize For Voice Search
Since most ‘near me’ searches are performed on smartphones, it’s important to optimize for voice search. You should know how people ask questions to their devices. They often use long-term keywords while performing voice searches, and you should plan things accordingly. You will also have to use traditional questions starters such as what, how, who, and where.
You should share informational articles and write about your business regularly. You can keep customers updated this way, and this approach will also help you gain subscribers. Another benefit of writing blogs is that they can help you earn local backlinks. Here are some tips that you can follow to gain backlinks:
- Always create high-quality content (it will motivate others to link to your content)
- Focus on guest blogging (you should target reputable sites, as it will get you good results)
- Partner with local influencers on different social media platforms (you can reach out to them on social media, or you can send them emails)
You Should Keep Your Details Consistent On All Pages
You should make sure that all your pages offer correct information to customers. Your basic info such as contact number, email address, and operational hours should be the same on all pages. Incorrect information will make you look unprofessional, and your customers won’t like it.
Well, these are some effective ways that you can follow to optimize for near me searches. If you take care of these things, you are likely to do good in terms of search results. If you don’t have experience in the field and don’t know how to proceed, you can hire an expert to do the job. He will take care of everything for you, and you will get more time to focus on other important things.
We hope you liked this article and understood how to optimize for near me searches. Every business owner should work on his search engine rankings, as we are living in the digital world. Most people search for local businesses on their smartphones, and you can take your business to new heights by optimizing for local searches. Well, you can do better in this field by implementing the tips that we have shared in this article.